1. Flank charges and 2. break tests

A forum for discussing items specifically related to the rules
Bitesyurr

1. Flank charges and 2. break tests

Postby Bitesyurr » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:14 am

I have to (more questions).

1. A unit wishes to charge an enemy in the flank, and can just reach the position of the rear rank to make a legal contact. If that rear rank position becomes empty due to shooting casualties is the charge no longer possible becuase the charger cannot actually reach any of the other bases?

2. What actaually is a break test? I cannot find a definition anywhere. When I first read the rules I assumed that a break test would be any tests where failure would result in a unit breaking. However this does not seem to be the case, so would appreciate some clarification.

Regards B.
Lancastrians
Ceasarian Romans (well a pile of boxes ATM)
Vikings (next year).

Always ready to roll a 12 for Cohesion!

Wayne Richards

Re: 1. Flank charges and 2. break tests

Postby Wayne Richards » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:49 pm

Hi B -
1. The shooting phase occurs before the movement phase. Once casualties have been removed (and any necessary tests taken), then you proceed to the movement phase. At this time it will be apparent what is an eligible target and what isn't. I'm guessing that what you are actually asking is - if a unit has an incomplete back rank (ie 3 bases in the front rank and 2 bases in the rear rank) - can you declare a charge and contact the unit such that the centre of the charging unit would contact the space where a base would have been had the rank be complete. As far as I am aware the answer is yes.

2. A "break test" is the test taken by a unit having lost a combat by a modified result of 4 or 5.

Cheers W.

Bitesyurr

Postby Bitesyurr » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:12 pm

SO for the purpose of a charge cntact you assume that the rear rank is always full. How would this effect other things though, rather than just this one specific instance?
Lancastrians
Ceasarian Romans (well a pile of boxes ATM)
Vikings (next year).

Always ready to roll a 12 for Cohesion!

Wayne Richards

Postby Wayne Richards » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:06 am

The rank is not assumed to be full, rather it is assumed that those in the rank could be contacted. W.

Return to “Swordpoint Rules”