Should he be Nervous?

A forum for discussing items specifically related to the rules
DennisW

Should he be Nervous?

Postby DennisW » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:57 pm

I fought a game the other night and a situation arose at the end of a battle line. It looked like the right hand end of the diagram on page 28 of the rule book.

1) Unit D confers a -1 on a battle line because of it's "proximity" to units H's flank. However, D needs to be WITHIN 1" of H to do this ( page 26 RH column, paragraph 1)

2) However, D cannot move within 1" of H unless it is charging ( Page 20 LH column, para 4).

The two statements are a contradiction. Should 1) be changed to another distance or should it be changed so that any enemy capable of charging H confers a -1?

...either way H was in trouble.

a turn later my cav skirmishers formed a line behind many of the enemy battle line and prevented any fall back, therefore any units falling back were destroyed instead. My opponent thought this was rather harsh . What do you think?

MartinG

Re: Should he be Nervous?

Postby MartinG » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:50 am

A unit at 1" distance counts as being within 1" (as it is not without 1"). Your tactic of getting behind the enemy is perfectly sound and allowable-how would you feel if the guys in front of you were crowding back and pushing you towards enemy troops behind you?
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

DennisW

Re: Should he be Nervous?

Postby DennisW » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:11 pm

Thanks for your quick reply. It's how we thought it should be played

Return to “Swordpoint Rules”