Questions about Elephants

A forum for discussing items specifically related to the rules
mumakil666

Questions about Elephants

Postby mumakil666 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:49 am

After reading the rulebook, i have two questions about éléphants :

1- The "used to elephants" rule specify that "note that not even cavalry that are Used to éléphants are allowed to charge them". I do not see any trace of the rule that the cavalry can not charge an elephant. If so, what about the camelry and the chariotry ?

2- P41 in the paragraph "weapons from éléphants" it is indicated that "weapons used by models who are riding an elephant are treated in the same way as weapons used by cavalry models". Does that mean that spears and long spears have a defence value modifier in the first round of combat in charge. What about pike, must it be treated like a kontos?

Thanks for your answers

Mumak

Paul Lawton

Re: Questions about Elephants

Postby Paul Lawton » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:37 pm

Hi Mumak,
in answer to your questions:
1) Page 41, second paragraph "mounted troops are not allowed to charge elephents." In addition, page 45 under terror, mounted within 8" of an elephant at the start of it's turn or are charged by an elephant, take a terror test. Used to elephants means that cavalry do not take a terror test for being within 8" of an elephant, they still can't charge an elephant. Page 66 of the index, the entry under mounted states that Camelry are classified as mounted and page 38, Chariots, 3rd paragraph states chariots count as mounted.

2) Spears gain the one modifer as per page 24 weapon modifiers and pike armed crewman strike first as other mounted can't be armed with a pike.

Hope this helps.

Paul

mumakil666

Re: Questions about Elephants

Postby mumakil666 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:41 pm

thanks a lot Paul
that's ok for me

Mumak

Return to “Swordpoint Rules”