Wagon Tabor deployment

A forum for discussing items specifically related to the rules
Bob Stradling

Wagon Tabor deployment

Postby Bob Stradling » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:39 am

Given the size of a wagon base 80x60 mm plus the gap you are allowed between them you can create a line of 5 wagons that is nearly 2 foot long!

a) Can you deploy them in a straight line perpendicular to you base line, so that they stick out of deployment area or,

b) Do they have to curve round in some way to stay within the deployment area or,

c) Do they all have to be within 3" of your baseline?

As the text talks about using them to protect a flank I would discount C) as being compulsory, but something you could do as an option.

lero

Re: Wagon Tabor deployment

Postby lero » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:05 am

I think of option b. No deloyment outside the regular zone, but i made the idea that the unit is not linear and i don't know if it is right.

Paul Lawton

Postby Paul Lawton » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:07 pm

Hi Bob,
looks like deploying a wagon Tabor will need some thought.
a) Unless the scenario states differently you couldn't deploy outside your deployment area.
b) This seems the most likely as the rules for wagon Tabors state that the wagons are "..placed in formation up to 3" apart with the wagon at one end within 3" of the owning players table edge."
c) No but see above. There's nothing in the rules to prevent you doing this though, although tactically, if the wagon's defenders are forced to flee, they won't remain on the table.

Paul

Andyjp

Postby Andyjp » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:10 pm

Given the size of a wagon base 80x60 mm plus the gap you are allowed between them you can create a line of 5 wagons that is nearly 2 foot long!

a) Can you deploy them in a straight line perpendicular to you base line, so that they stick out of deployment area or,

b) Do they have to curve round in some way to stay within the deployment area or,

c) Do they all have to be within 3" of your baseline?

As the text talks about using them to protect a flank I would discount C) as being compulsory, but something you could do as an option.
I think option b, will be the answer but I am very interested to find out if a, is legal?
Cheers
Andy

"Religious wars are basically people killing each other over who has the better imaginary friend" -Napoleon Bonaparte

MartinG

Postby MartinG » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:03 am

Yes option B is fine.
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

Return to “Swordpoint Rules”