Rus

armchairgeneral

Rus

Postby armchairgeneral » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:34 am

I notice in the Rus lists, the Black Hoods don't have an option for light armour however the only two companies I can find that make specific Black Hoods figures, Gripping Beast and Fireforge have them in chain mail armour?

MartinG

Re: Rus

Postby MartinG » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:28 pm

No one will mind your figures having armour on them so long as you use the correct Defence value. You could field them as mercenary horse archers of a far higher quality (25 pts per base with armour, spear, bow and shield, full Nomad Cavalry)
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

armchairgeneral

Postby armchairgeneral » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:52 pm

No one will mind your figures having armour on them so long as you use the correct Defence value. You could field them as mercenary horse archers of a far higher quality (25 pts per base with armour, spear, bow and shield, full Nomad Cavalry)
Thanks for the reply Martin. Understood about the mercenary horse archer option. As the Black Hoods were steppe allies to the Rus they had a noble class who most likely would have had the means to equip themselves with armour so wondered why they don’t have a light armour option?

MartinG

Postby MartinG » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:09 pm

:shock: Could be a mistake-who knows? I'll have a look when I'm back to our library
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

Return to “Dark Age Armies”