An Army for Derby

Bob Stradling

Re: An Army for Derby

Postby Bob Stradling » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:44 am

Martin, sent text (but no idea when it will go due to poor signal where I am), have had to wait to sort some things out with work to find a date to rearrange. Morning of the 11th any good for you?

MartinG

Postby MartinG » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:13 pm

Yes fine see you about 9.45 a.m.
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

Bob Stradling

Postby Bob Stradling » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:14 pm

Well another two practice games with mixed results....

Martin's Gauls did not do much to the phalanx, but were eventually able to exploit the situation when the battle line broke up as the open order warbands were pushed back. So to some extent I became a victim of my own success.

Against Malcolm's Selucids it was better news despite some abysmal dice rolls (a feature of the game against Martin as well - so by Derby I should have all the really bad rolls out of the way - needing 4's - 9 attacks - all of them turned up 1 or 2!!)

I also discovered I had been mispricing my Hoplite units (embarrassed or what) so I will have to adjust the army list. On the positive side I have less models to paint!

Finally, I don't need 6 bases in my hoplite unit, apart from when I am fighting Malcolm when 8 attacks hitting on 5's and saving on 3's took off a base! - as I say hopefully all the bad rolls are out the way now..... )

Return to “Classical Armies”