New to wargaming

theelectricskull1

New to wargaming

Postby theelectricskull1 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:30 pm

Hi guys, I'm thinking of buying swordpoint classical armies and medieval armies. Do the sets include the figures or do I have to buy them separately? Thanks in advance.

Wayne Richards

Re: New to wargaming

Postby Wayne Richards » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:02 pm

Hi - You would need to start with buying the core rule book. You can then add the period specific supplements such as the Classical, Dark Age, Medieval etc. They contain the army list information you need to build your army. You purchase the figures separately once you've decided what armies you want to collect and what troops you want to use. Gripping Beast do offer some army deals, so always worth checking out their website. Cheers W.

theelectricskull1

Postby theelectricskull1 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:26 pm

Thanks! Are there any websites with good prices that you'd recommend?

Wayne Richards

Postby Wayne Richards » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:29 am

It depends on your choice of army. Most armies are available in metal but many manufacturers (such as Gripping Beast), now produce a good range of plastic figures. Plastics will work out cheaper for you and weigh less (but there maybe some construction required to put the figure together).
Once you've decided on an army then I'd look for those manufacturers that make models for that match your selection. It's then a case of deciding whether you want to collect the army piecemeal, ie a unit at a time or whether you want to buy it all at once. If you are buying in bulk then you may be able to negotiate a discount or the manufacturer may offer an "army deal".
If you are eager to get a force on the table quickly, then there is always the 2nd hand market.
Cheers W.

theelectricskull1

Postby theelectricskull1 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:25 am

Thank you!

Return to “Classical Armies”