Rorarii and Stamina

BJ Barry

Rorarii and Stamina

Postby BJ Barry » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:09 pm

I Know should seems a silly question reading the book, but we are planning a big campaign based on Pyrrhus invasion of Italy here in Madrid, well "Big" in our way of thinking about an historical campaign :D
Anyway, trying to draw out my early republican roman army I got the doubt if rorarii could benefit of the "Stamina" rules, They are formed troops of the legion, so I should imagine that they do, but asking is free, so... (I do know that answering is politeness, but with all the good guys in this forum :lol: )
Another question is more on what do you think about the use of the pilum of the early Republican Roman Army, should we assume that after Heraclea the hastati swap their spear for the pilum, and later on the same do the principes? Any thougths about that?

As always, thank you in advance for every comments,

Giorgio

MartinG

Re: Rorarii and Stamina

Postby MartinG » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:48 am

Yes the Rorarii do gain the benefit of the rule. Our knowledge of the changes to Roman armament is sketchy and the vague comments in the list commentary do more or less sum up all we know. You can set your own change date without fear of anyone being able to categorically tell you that you are wrong. :D
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

Return to “Classical Armies”