Kublacon Invitational

Jcspqr

Kublacon Invitational

Postby Jcspqr » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:49 pm

We will be hosting a 1000 friendly get together at Kublacon in San Francisco on Sunday, May 28th. Non tournament setting to encourage players to get used to the rules. Any publisehd list is eligible. Format will likley be 2-3 singles games, with perhaps a doubles game if time permits.

Here is the link.

http://www.kublacon.com/events/events_list1.htm

Feel free to follow up with me if you have any quesitons.

Jim

A Lot of Gaul

Re: Kublacon Invitational

Postby A Lot of Gaul » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:26 pm

Hi Jim,

My apologies for the thread necromancy, but I was curious to know how many players participated in the 2017 Kublacon event.

Cheers,
Scott
"Experience is the teacher of all things."
~ Gaius Julius Caesar

Jcspqr

Postby Jcspqr » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:57 pm

We had 8 people commit and 5 show up. Not an unusually low turn out by Kublacon standards as it is not a great venue for historical games or more particualrly historical tournments. In the best days of WAB we used to at most get 10-12 players, with 8 being more the average. If I do anything again at Kubla it will be a one of historical scenario as I don't think trying to run a tournament at Kublacon using any set of rules is worth the effort.

Jim

A Lot of Gaul

Postby A Lot of Gaul » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:25 am

Thank you for the info, Jim. Sorry to hear about your situation at the con, but I hope that your Swordpoint community continues to grow nonetheless.

Cheers,
Scott
"Experience is the teacher of all things."
~ Gaius Julius Caesar

Return to “Past Events”