CANCELLED - Friendly game event in Waterlooville

Mikeharding

CANCELLED - Friendly game event in Waterlooville

Postby Mikeharding » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:55 am

Dear All,
Following on from the Andover game day that has unfortunately had to be cancelled, we (Pompey Pirates) thought it would be a good idea to try and run an event in Waterlooville, not far from where Pompey Pillage will take place in August.
I have checked our clubs venue (Royal Naval Association, Waterlooville) and it is available on Saturday 15 July from 9am to 6pm. I am waiting for them to confirm the cost, but I would guess depending on numbers it will cost about £10 per person.
I spoke with Dave P last night at club, and we decided we would keep the games as friendly to give people more practice before Pillage in August, and we would also cover both the Classical and Dark Age books, as these are just friendly games. If people could let us know in advance which book their armies are from we can try and match people up. Hopefully giving people a wider range of armies to play with, we can encourage others who are not attending Pillage to come and play some games.
Please let me know if this is of interest, so that we can get an idea of numbers, to make sure it will be worthwhile people travelling to Waterlooville for the day. There is a large Sainsbury, M&S foodhall, Costa and McDonalds all near by (literally around the corner). Plus outside Sainsbury on a Saturday there is a burger van, now I bet that has now got everyone interested - a morning bacon bap.

Wayne, can you put this out on the Facebook group, which Dave P said some people use.
Thanks Mike.
Last edited by Mikeharding on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wayne Richards

Re: Friendly game event in Waterlooville

Postby Wayne Richards » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:36 pm

Hi Mike - yep I will post it on the fb page - unfortunately I can't make the 15th :(
Cheers W.

Mikeharding

Postby Mikeharding » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:18 pm

Thanks Wayne.

Mikeharding

Postby Mikeharding » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:02 pm

Hi everyone, we currently only have 6 possible players for Saturday 15th July. The cost of the venue is only £70 for the day. But with only 6 players it does not really make it worthwhile. If you want to play some friendly games, please reply to this thread or contact Dave Pearson directly. We need to make a final decision by next Wednesday if we are running it or not. Thanks Mike

Mikeharding

Re: CANCELLED EVENT - Friendly game event in Waterlooville

Postby Mikeharding » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:32 am

Hi Guys, due to a lack of numbers, wanting to attend this event we have decided to cancel it. We did think that people travelling down to the South Coast so close to Pillage would put people off. We need to arrange an event that is mid way for people. I am not sure if someone knows where everyone lives so that we can try and co-ordinate a convenient location to hold an event. Mike

Return to “Past Events”