Six Bells Invitational 8-10 June

Bob Stradling

Six Bells Invitational 8-10 June

Postby Bob Stradling » Sat May 19, 2018 6:50 am

Hi I running a small event based at the Six Bells in Bishops Castle, Sropshire. I have had a late drop out and I am looking for one extra player.

You will play six games, starting on the Friday evening, through to the Sunday afternoon.

You do not need to bring an army, as they will all be provided! You will play six differnt scenarios against six different opponents.

The cost is £55, but this included food on Friday and Saturday evening and Saturday and Sunday lunchtimes. You will need to source your own accomodation.

Just to top the weekend off, the Six Bells has its own brewery and normally has six different beers on at any one time. PM me if you are interested.

Wayne Richards

Re: Six Bells Invitational 8-10 June

Postby Wayne Richards » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:02 pm

Many thanks to Bob & the 6 Bells for hosting. Good event, nice to try different armies. Thanks to all my 6 opponents.
Cheers W.
(now, where did those elephants go ?)

Bob Stradling

Postby Bob Stradling » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:58 pm

Six Bells Invitational

Thanks to everyone that came and played in a good spirit. Very few queries and we were able to try out some minor tweaks to see how they impacted on the play.

I think most people got a hang of the scoring system that rewarded those who did not lose too many units whilst achieving the scenario objectives.

Thanks to Gripping Beast and Martin Gibbins for providing some generous prizes. Thanks also to Martin and Wayne for providing some terrain and to Andy and Malcolm for allowing some of their figures to be used .

The results are below, but most importantly everyone seemed to have a good time, even those with limited experience.

1 Malcolm Barnfield 127 points (66.1% of points available)
2 Steve Buttler 122 points (63.5%)
3 Martin Gibbins 115 points (59.9%)
4 Dave Pearson 109 points (56.8%)
5 Wayne Richards 109 points (56.8%)
6 Matt McVeigh 102 points (53.1%) - Assassin award
7 Ed McDonald 91 points (47.4%)
8 Andy Cummings 90 points (46.9%)
9 Derek Whittenbury 88 points (45.8%)
10 Dave Johnson 69 points (35.9%)

The Raid scenario worked really well and the Early Imperial Romans did better than expected
. The only army that did consistently poorly was the Early Carthaginian, but there again if you send elephants on a flank march you can expect them to be distracted and not turn up.

Only one person scored a maximum 32 points in a game (Martin machine gunning the Egyptians with Israelites) and only one person scored zero points in a game Dave Pearson as the Carthaginians disintegrated on the last turn of the final round.

Bob

Already planning for next year....

MartinG

Postby MartinG » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:16 am

Thanks Bob, a well organised event and an interesting scoring system. Nice to have the challenge of using unfamiliar armies!
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

Return to “Past Events”