troop Percentage limits and also allied commanders

A general discussion forum
Bitesyurr

troop Percentage limits and also allied commanders

Postby Bitesyurr » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:05 am

Hi All,

Senior moment going on here. I am not sure that I understand correctly how the army limits are set, particulary when deciding the proportion of troops that can be used. If any army has a limit of 10% cavalry is that points spent, units or bases?

Also, if you field an ally do these main list limits override the ally or combined - e.g. If the main list has a cavalry limit of 10%, ally has a cavalry limit of 30%, then 30% of the allied force can be cavalry, but when combined with the main army must not exceed the 10% limit?

Last question - allied commanders - am I correct in saying that they do not have a general, and their commanders come from the main army limits?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

B.
Lancastrians
Ceasarian Romans (well a pile of boxes ATM)
Vikings (next year).

Always ready to roll a 12 for Cohesion!

Bob Stradling

Re: troop Percentage limits and also allied commanders

Postby Bob Stradling » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:40 am

The percentage is based on points not on bases.

Allies - you are not restricted by the main list. e.g. Anglo Danes have no cavalry in the main list, but can take Cavalry from their allies either Later Irish of Early Medieval Wales, but they may have to abide by restrictions in the allies list e.g. they could only take one unit of Teulu cavalry as that is 0-1 limit in the Welsh list.

You can take commanders from an allied list ( but generally not the general), but they come from the main list commanders allocation.

Bitesyurr

Re: troop Percentage limits and also allied commanders

Postby Bitesyurr » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:26 pm

Many thank Bob!

Regards
B.
Lancastrians
Ceasarian Romans (well a pile of boxes ATM)
Vikings (next year).

Always ready to roll a 12 for Cohesion!

Return to “General Discussion”