Line of Battle -Multiple melee

A general discussion forum
Nikolaos

Line of Battle -Multiple melee

Postby Nikolaos » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:58 am

Dear Friends

I read the rules quite well and I am getting the concept of the game and the procedures but there is one thing I need to be clarified by more experience players.

In multiple melee the rule book states that you can or must add all the dice and modifiers of two opposing battle lines into two numbers and the reaction table action will come from the difference of the two aforementioned numbers.

What I do not understand is

This number will come from the result of the individual battle of the units that are part of the battle line and then added together making a total number that will be used for all the unit of the battle line?

Otherwise I cannot see any way of doing this as some units defend with a 3 others with the 4..others attack with 3 others are attacked by lances and some extra modifiers appear..

Can someone clarify this issue please I would really appreciate it

Kind Regards
Nicholas

MartinG

Re: Line of Battle -Multiple melee

Postby MartinG » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:00 am

The example on page 28 should help with this. Each base fights the opponent in front of it as normal, and you add all the kills for each side to get the overall differential. Then add all the other CR factors that apply, after which each unit moderates the final result in accordance with its own circumstances.
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

Return to “General Discussion”