YouTube Videos

A general discussion forum
MartinG

YouTube Videos

Postby MartinG » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:40 pm

Several people have commented that it would help if there was a YouTube video explaining how to play. Well I've just acquired a camcorder and you can expect to see one as soon as I learn how to use it!
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

3rdAD@Spearhead

Re: YouTube Videos

Postby 3rdAD@Spearhead » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:17 am

Very much looking forward to this.

A Lot of Gaul

Postby A Lot of Gaul » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:37 am

Looking forward to to seeing this. More information and exposure for the rules is always a good thing.
"Experience is the teacher of all things."
~ Gaius Julius Caesar

Leondegrande

Postby Leondegrande » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:24 pm

Many thanks to Bob (Stradling) for his great Youtube videos explaining the game in general, momentum token or line of battle. In those isolating times such videos are very helpful to get an idea of the game during dynamic game situations. Very clear voice and good visual stuff to clarify the rules or circumstances.
Come to where the Old World is.

Atheling

Postby Atheling » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:38 am

I think that this is the way forward.

One just has to take a look at the manner in which the Too Fat Lardies vids have been put together (I will just take Infamy, Infamy! as an example). They have broken down the stages of the game into blocks that are easily understandable and clear. They also have complete games with various forces.

But then there's the potential for advertising of the rules too. I'm no expert but I think that one has to make use of whatever media platforms out there are available. In terms of getting people into the game the TFL model is the one to emulate in your own way. To top it all, there are enough 'characters' (I mean that in a nice way!) at GBHQ to make a truly interesting and amusing "How To".

Got to be done IMHO and I'm certain that sales will increase and that new players will be attracted to the game.

Rant over :)

Leondegrande

Postby Leondegrande » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:00 am

It's hard to judge what a proper step forward shall look like but such videos are shared very quick/easily and can raise interest without any real life demo needed as first step. But it is very hard at the moment to create an open environment for games and events due to restricted life in general.

On the other hand something like a Facebook group will also generate interest but is not of everyone's taste (compared to a forum) and might exclude all who deny it (like me).

So it's a matter of taste (age?!) what works to create a vital community and keep it running.

The zeitgeist seem to be the easier to consume the better (like those videos and a Facebook group attendance) but also the good old forum platform has its merits as a kind of archive and channel to communicate.

No easy times for a wargame system me think at least for the social part of the hobby.

Atheling

Postby Atheling » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:25 pm

It's hard to judge what a proper step forward shall look like but such videos are shared very quick/easily and can raise interest without any real life demo needed as first step. But it is very hard at the moment to create an open environment for games and events due to restricted life in general.

On the other hand something like a Facebook group will also generate interest but is not of everyone's taste (compared to a forum) and might exclude all who deny it (like me).

So it's a matter of taste (age?!) what works to create a vital community and keep it running.

The zeitgeist seem to be the easier to consume the better (like those videos and a Facebook group attendance) but also the good old forum platform has its merits as a kind of archive and channel to communicate.

No easy times for a wargame system me think at least for the social part of the hobby.
Oh, I agree. A multi media approach is the way forward.

The things about a rules run through via YouTube is that I think it offers for a degree of captivation and allows players to learn the basic rules without playing a game. Sometimes opponents are hard to come by. Especially in the "Strange Times" :)

MartinG

Postby MartinG » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:16 am

Well we have now managed to find the camera which we bought three years ago. Good start. Also I have just bought lights and a quality microphone, so we are moving in the right direction!
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

Atheling

Postby Atheling » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:59 pm

Well we have now managed to find the camera which we bought three years ago. Good start. Also I have just bought lights and a quality microphone, so we are moving in the right direction!
Excellent. Gotta start somewhere ;)

I do earnestly think that this can only be a positive move.

Leondegrande

Postby Leondegrande » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:43 pm

Any release dates or a trailer available? :)

Still the same issue for me, want to play but lack of opportunies, therefore I need some feed to learn more about the gameplay.

Return to “General Discussion”