Publication Schedule

A general discussion forum
MartinG

Publication Schedule

Postby MartinG » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:08 pm

This is the outline publication schedule for Swordpoint books, out as far as we have planned to date:
Medieval Armies: July 2017
Chariot Armies: November 2017
Charlemagne: April 2018
100 Year’s War: October 2018
Macedon & Successors: April 2019
The Mongols: October 2019
War of the Roses: April 2020
Early Rome & Punic Wars: October 2020
Samurai Age of War: April 2021
Justinian’s Wars: October 2021
Rome & the East: April 2022

Hope you can all find something to enjoy amongst that lot!
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

Mikeharding

Re: Publication Schedule

Postby Mikeharding » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:42 pm

Martin, that is your life planned you the next few years 2022 omg. It looks really exciting and good to see the support for a great game and hobby.

KazadHarri

Postby KazadHarri » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:31 pm

Are the more period specific books going to give scenarios, and other detailed army options? But PLEASE don't do what WAB did and make the period books so different from each other that this lists can only be used in those books. That would be a huge negative.

MartinG

Postby MartinG » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:11 pm

These books will include extra army lists, extended and tailored army lists, and either a series of scenarios or a campaign. All Swordpoint lists are and always will be compatible with each other. As an example, the Charlemagne book will include 8 scenarios, new lists for Old Saxons and Gascons/Basques (The Vascones) plus extended or tailored lists for Franks, Slavs, Avars, Lombards and Byzantines. There may be more once we can set the print length- we will be working to keep the price as low as we can without sacrificing quality.
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

KazadHarri

Postby KazadHarri » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:49 pm

That sounds great!!!

3rdAD@Spearhead

Postby 3rdAD@Spearhead » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:46 am

Methinks Martin is well aware of the "negatives" that befell the WAB period books. Having recently obtained the Classical Armies book I can tell you it is not WAB like at all. Each army list has a great historical write up,(well worth the purchase of the book alone). The idividual unit types are usually given quite a few options,(all compatible with the core rules).
Very much looking forward to continuing publication of the other books.

KazadHarri

Postby KazadHarri » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:18 pm

I have the classical book as well, and I am not doubting Martin. I also have all versions of WAB and its supplements, various WHFB editions, and numerous editions of WRG and its ilk dating back to the early 80's plus other numerous rules systems which have a wide breadth of subject matter. The one thing that unites this hobby/genre is that as more and more supplements, codex, or lists get published it is hard to avoid list creep or worse yet the invalidation of earlier books. That being said I do not think it is a negative to provide constructive feedback, that I am hoping that Swordpoint does not fall into that trap, because it seems to be a very good set of rules, and lists so far, and hopefully to get us out of the swamp of the last few years. I am too looking forward to the rest of the publications in the future.

Wargamergunnar

Postby Wargamergunnar » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:34 pm

I love all of these!

Wargamergunnar

Postby Wargamergunnar » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:48 am

2021 for samuri...at least I'll have time to save up for the army!

guard

Postby guard » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:07 am

I am looking forward to the books, they will definitely add to the experience for me, plus lots of nice new colour to put on my bookcase, nice to collet them even without getting all the armies

Return to “General Discussion”