Official QRS Now Available

A general discussion forum
MartinG

Official QRS Now Available

Postby MartinG » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:01 am

At last the Quick Reference Sheet for Swordpoint is available from the downloads section of the gripping beast website
http://www.grippingbeast.co.uk/Swordpoi ... --384.html
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

A Lot of Gaul

Re: Official QRS Now Available

Postby A Lot of Gaul » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:09 pm

Looks great, Martin! Many thanks for this.

Cheers,
Scott
VENTOSA VIRI RESTABIT

Mithradates

Postby Mithradates » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:20 pm

Thanks for that - makes a lot of things clearer.

Garry

channelpacket

Postby channelpacket » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:37 pm

Hi Martin
Some observations on the Official QRS V1.2
Combat resolution table shift for charging shock cavalry is listed as 2 lines down, rules say one line down
The 2 shifts down on the combat resolution table for Unformed unit is missing
The extra combat dice for charging shock cavalry is missing
Both the Break and the Rally test include the Cohesion test modifiers. This is contradicted by the rule book, in particular page 32 4th paragraph.
The cause of potential casualties to generals/commanders is slightly different. The QRS has winning, drawing and losing a combat. The rules have casualties caused and being forced back.
Momentum token for causing an elephant to stampede from shooting is in the combat section
Disengagement test and dice modifier missing

Having attempted to produce a less comprehensive QRS myself I appreciate the significant effort the official QRS has taken.
Tony Cane

MartinG

Postby MartinG » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:57 pm

Thanks Tony. In the sure knowledge that someone will spot another mistake, I'll wait a few days before we issue an update.

Regards

Martin

andy
Site Admin

Postby andy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:39 pm

Tony,

Many thanks for these observations - very much appreciated
I tried to capture everything (hence v1.2) but even after review it would appear we have still not captured everything and maybe have a few errors...

Some of these Martin will need to comment on, but here are my thoughts:

1. Combat resolution table shift for charging shock cavalry is listed as 2 lines down, rules say one line down
Agreed the Rules state in both places on Shock cav 1 line lower - I think I have a hangover from the Beta testing unless the intent is indeed still to have 2 lines lower - one for Martin to confirm.

2. The 2 shifts down on the combat resolution table for Unformed unit is missing
Agreed - will be added in the next version

3. The extra combat dice for charging shock cavalry is missing
Agreed - will be added in the next version.
Also I should qualify this and the Heavy/Throwing Spear entry by stating 1st combat round only.
Martin - Question does the same limitation on Heavy/Throwing Spear exist for Overlapping bases as it does for Shcok Cavalry when determining number of extra dice in 1st Round?

4. Both the Break and the Rally test include the Cohesion test modifiers. This is contradicted by the rule book, in particular page 32 4th paragraph.
One for Martin

5. The cause of potential casualties to generals/commanders is slightly different. The QRS has winning, drawing and losing a combat. The rules have casualties caused and being forced back.
Agreed we should change this to match the rules. As you could loose the combat but suffer no casualties.
P35 sates "If a Unit suffers casualties..." If we add the casualties part - then the winning/drawing part is OK. But the Fall back I think needs to be ammended to include Breal & Flee to be completely correct. Martin you Agree?

6. Momentum token for causing an elephant to stampede from shooting is in the combat section
Its actually in the Movement Section and I would suggest this is correct - as you get the Momemntum token when the elephants stampedes - which occurs during movement phase as a result of a failed cohesion test during the shooting phase... ie tokens awarded same time as Chargers - Martin you agree?

7. Disengagement test and dice modifier missing
Agreed - need to think how I can physically add this one to the sheet though - also Cav can disengage if facing enemy slower than themselves do not test - so theres a few midifiers/rules on here that are missing...

Regards
Andy

MartinG

Postby MartinG » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:17 am

Hi Andy,
All seems good- specifically:
1-Yes 1 line lower
3-Yes it does
4-correct (and my fault!)-the cohesion modifiers are already factored into the combat result and hence the break test, so are not used again
5-Yes
6-Yes

Regards

Martin

channelpacket

Postby channelpacket » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:32 pm

Hi Andy and Martin

My reason for suggesting that the momentum token for causing an elephant to stampede due to shooting is logically in the shooting section is that the rules on stampeding elephants say that if the test is failed the elephant stampedes immediately, and then sampedes again in the compulsory movement phase.

Tony

guard

Postby guard » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:51 pm

Thank you Andy, much appreciated

andy
Site Admin

Postby andy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:04 am

Updated version of QRS sheet (1.3) now available on GB Website

Return to “General Discussion”