Small scale rules

A general discussion forum
A Lot of Gaul

Re: Small scale rules

Postby A Lot of Gaul » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:13 pm

I may be mistaken, but my understanding is that there are currently no plans to produce a separate version of Swordpoint for 15mm. As I indicated above, Swordpoint works perfectly well for 15mm figures as it is, using the existing basing system and other rules as written. After all, 4cm frontage bases and 6' x 4' tabletops have long been the norm in 15mm miniatures wargaming. As an added bonus, the rules naturally work exactly the same for either 15/18mm or 25/28mm games.

For my own 18mm Swordpoint battles, the only adjustment I make is to measure all movement and shooting distances in cm rather than inches. Even that single change is simply a matter of personal taste and 'feel,' rather than necessity.
"Experience is the teacher of all things."
~ Gaius Julius Caesar

MartinG

Postby MartinG » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:19 am

You are right, we think that the current version works well for 15mm. I would change the measurements as you suggest, and just put as many figures on a base as you like. The 6mm/10mm game has some different, streamlined mechanisms as units are either one or at max two bases in size, we think 15/18mm should use the standard rules.
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

guard

Postby guard » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:19 pm

There a quite a few guys now in my area that are playing SP, mostly all at 15mm due to preference or ex FOG / WRG6th etc.
15mm works really well with these rules, basing figures (40mm frontage especially seen as the cross width for other rules) and during play.
we are using the 28mm movement and shooting distances and we don't seem to have any problem, admittedly the table size at my place is bigger.
Skirmishers base sizes may have to change in the future, (Sabot bases) make them wider but we have not done that yet.

lero

Postby lero » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:39 am

Global compatibility with WRG/DBM/FOG basing sizes seems to me a key point to success.

Return to “General Discussion”