We are some guys who has just barely started playing sword point..
After just pushing some units around(ancient/darkage), it seemed that Well armoured closeorder infantry was the the thing that worked best,,
Just a few questions
1) Skirmishers..any good...?? Are they a must in army?
2)After we tested cavalry, it seemed it didnt have the punch to break through closeorder ranks? How should it be used?
3) Open order, including those warband types... They also failed crashing into the front of closeorder infantry.. how should they be used? Are they terrain dependent?
4) How many bases should a unit have.. it appears 6 is a good number for most???
5) How much bowfire bases are needed, to actually make a bowunit a bit scary??
6) Can a throwingspear actually be thrown??(inc heavy)..
7) How important are commanders... and at what ratio should be aimed for?
Just want to get a few pointers,,,