Hundred Years War Battle Report

Remember he who writes the history wins the battle.
Medieval Warrior

Hundred Years War Battle Report

Postby Medieval Warrior » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:14 pm

My HYW battle Report Still on going.
The English need to attack across the River to stop the French relief force from reaching the Gates of Orleans.
The French under Alencon, La Hire and the Earl of Douglas with a large baggage train full of supplies for the Besieged town just need to block the English advance until the supplies reach the City Gates.
The English commanders under the Earl of Salisbury, Talbot and Suffolk need to be aggressive and break the French line of defense and destroy the baggage train before it reaches Orleans.They have to cross the difficult River though...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MartinG

Re: Hundred Years War Battle Report

Postby MartinG » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:05 am

Nice looking game. YOu may have made it a little difficult for the English though!
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

Medieval Warrior

Postby Medieval Warrior » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:19 am

Thank You Martin!
This is a first attempt before i post my video report in You Tube.I realized that the River crossing is very difficult for the English being difficult ground..also the French moving to the edge of the opposite bank and automatically imposing the proximity rule to the close order English troops the English move becomes less than 1'' per turn...so i though to make the River a stream and have it as an obstacle. so their move with the proximity we will be 2''.

MartinG

Postby MartinG » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:41 am

That will give a better game I think. Still very hard if the quality French troops line the bank.
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

Return to “Battle Reports”