Seleucid Army List

Bodok

Re: Seleucid Army List

Postby Bodok » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:15 pm

And to add:
thanks for the quick clarification again!

To avoid such errors you'll need a team of proofreaders - nothing you have now I think.
So I'm happy with your always fast response!

Mithradates

Postby Mithradates » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:02 pm

Quite so Keith - gave me the 'push' to re-read the elephant rules which is no bad thing. Will have another game - 1000 points this time - after XMAS.

Martin - Kontos for Seleucid heavy cavalry/cataphracts? No option for Seleucid elephant crew to have a pike armed chappie?

Garry

MartinG

Postby MartinG » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:06 am

When the lists are put into book form, they go through at least two checkers and a proof reader-and there are still errors- three people don't spot what hundreds of readers do :(
The other lists get checked before release, but this can't cover transcription errors when they are published by other parties.

I have not allowed for a pike option for the later elephant crews, partly for reasons of simplicity and partly because the crew throw 1D6 in combat covering all the weapons used. I will revisit the possible use of kontos before the list appears in the forthcoming classical armies book.
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

vladarethull

Postby vladarethull » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:58 am

Hi Martin,

I don't see anything regarding the xyston, will it be a kontos? And also can you please tell us what the Macedonian Phalanx rule mean.
This list caused quite a fuss here in Romania.

Thank You,
Vlad
Last edited by vladarethull on Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes
(Beware of Greeks bearing gifts)

MartinG

Postby MartinG » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:46 am

The xyston is simlpy a cavalry spear in the rules. No doubt if someone writes a Macedonian wars supplement they may want to revisit this and the wedge in some way. Sorry the Macedonian Phalanx is just another term for a Trained Phalanx and should have been changed to that.
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

Mithradates

Postby Mithradates » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:19 pm

Thanks Martin. Xyston zounds right - remember a game of WAB eons ago where my Companions always hit after their Kontos armed Saka opponents. Fortunately their heavy armour saved them from too much harm.

Garry

Rigbyp

Postby Rigbyp » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:24 am

I was putting together a Seleucid army for a game I'm putting on at the club next week and had a few questions. Hopefully you can help me out.

1. Is the list missing a no cost C 9 Army General? It seemed out of place all other lists got one and Seleucids only option for the Army Commander is to pay for the C 10 one.

2. The Macedonian Companions stats look off. They have the same equipment and stats as the Agema Cav but the cost of the Line Cav. Silently hoping it was a cut and paste error and they can stand out with a C 8.

3. Are Levy Archers open or closed order? I was hoping the Levy stat would tell me but it looks like levy can be either.

4. Cretan Archers are 8 points in this list and 10 points in the Pyrrhic list for the same stats/equipment. I'm just checking to see if this was on purpose.

Thanks,

Paul R

Jcspqr

Postby Jcspqr » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:15 pm

I was putting together a Seleucid army for a game I'm putting on at the club next week and had a few questions.

Paul: Any chance that you (and others from SD) would be interested in a Classical Swordpoint tournament or equivalent at Kublacon in May?

Jim/SPQR

Rigbyp

Postby Rigbyp » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:57 am

Sorry for the personal message guys. Forums say I need to post more to use PMs.

I'm game for it, Jim. I'm pretty sure I'll be up to Kubla. Probably only other person that might attend from SD is Jeff J. Other ex WAB players either don't do tournies or moved away. I'm planning on putting on a Roman v Pyrrhus Swordpoint game with Jeff at Kingdom con.

Paul R

Jcspqr wrote: I was putting together a Seleucid army for a game I'm putting on at the club next week and had a few questions.

Paul: Any chance that you (and others from SD) would be interested in a Classical Swordpoint tournament or equivalent at Kublacon in May?

Jim/SPQR

Jcspqr

Postby Jcspqr » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:30 pm

Yes, sorry about the personal messages guys.

Jim

Return to “Army Lists”