Seleucid Army List

MartinG

Seleucid Army List

Postby MartinG » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:39 pm

We have allowed Wargames Illustrated to print the Seleucid army list in the forthcoming edition number 351. Unfortunately errors have crept in at their end (for a change!) and some of the points are shown incorrectly.
WI have provided us with a very pretty correct version and it is now available from the GB webpage at http://5.153.230.245/Swordpoint_Downloa ... --384.html
In a rather humorous mix up WSS will also be printing the Seleucid list (again not our fault-must be a record!) so we will see whether theirs is right :D
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

Bodok

Re: Seleucid Army List

Postby Bodok » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:17 pm

Is it right that from the comnander section only the strategos costs points and the other choice is free?

petel

Postby petel » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:09 pm

I'm surprised to see the Companions do not have the option to upgrade to 'shock cavalry' to, perhaps, take into account the effect of a wedge ?

Mithradates

Postby Mithradates » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:31 pm

Martin

Thanks for the Seleucid list - was interested to read that some 'teaser' lists were being published. Will be interested to get the Classical book next year.

Question about the heavy cavalry - while there is no difference in the effect of spear/kontos, for accuracy should they not have kontos listed? I was also wondering about their shock value but thought this might be reserved for later knights?

Garry

petel

Postby petel » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:45 pm

Hi Garry,

I did wonder after I posted if it was the use of stirrups giving the shock attribute ? Any wedge rules in the offing ?

The Kontos strikes before spear, so a small advantage in the charge.

Keith T

Postby Keith T » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:48 pm

Still think their is an error in these lists, Elephants are listed with 4 attacks?
Martin?

Mithradates

Postby Mithradates » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:32 am

Quite so Petel, forgot that about the longer weapon striking first! Not a great fan of the WAB wedge rule - still made up some suitable movement trays so they could come out of the drawer..........

Keith - I thought there had been a previous post by Martin confirming 4 attacks for Sasanid elephants, so was not surprised about the same for the Seleucid beasts.

Garry

Keith T

Postby Keith T » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:49 am

Garry
No the Sassanid elephants only get 2 attacks and 1 from the crew.
Keith

MartinG

Postby MartinG » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:55 am

Now its my turn to be embarrassed- did not notice the two errors:

taxiarch/hipparch cost 20 points and are C +2

Delete the "A" column from the elephant table, they are 2 attacks like all other elephants.

Will see if we can get this fixed!
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

Mikeharding

Postby Mikeharding » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:30 am

Martin, given all the lists you have done, I think you have done a great job, errors will always happen. It is really difficult to pick up your own errors no matter how many times you read something. Is anyone keeping a track of the changes we need to make in the books, or are we just going to do our own? Mike

Return to “Army Lists”