Carthaginian list

Texseals

Carthaginian list

Postby Texseals » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:35 pm

Carthaginian list have a lot of restrictions based on where you are fighting. For instance Hannibal is only used in Italy also in Italy only 1 Elephant. Other Punic war battles you must ignore most of your list and use allied list for up to 75% of your list. How is this done in tournament play?

Jcspqr

Re: Carthaginian list

Postby Jcspqr » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:53 pm

I would assume you just state which Carthagenian list/location you are using and comply with those restrictions for the the tournament.

Jim

Texseals

Postby Texseals » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:49 pm

I guess it just seams weird. For a Carthaginian list to be commanders, the required Numidian Cav unit 3 Elephants and 750 points of Gauls, Spaniards or one of the 2 or 3 other list you can choose from. It actually lets you create other Army list with more Elephants then Hannibal gets.

A Lot of Gaul

Postby A Lot of Gaul » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:26 pm

The introductory paragraph to the list says that it concentrates on "the army employed in Hannibal's invasion of Italy, and the aftermath at Zama." So I don't think that the (I) is intended to restrict Hannibal himself exclusively to Italy. As for Hannibal's Italian campaign, the handful of elephants that survived the march over the Alps participated only in the very first battle at the Trebia. All (or all but one) of those elephants appear to have died in the battle, and the beasts did not play any subsequent role in Hannibal's Italian campaign. Hence the limit on elephants for Hannibal in Italy.
"Experience is the teacher of all things."
~ Gaius Julius Caesar

Return to “Classical Armies”