Re: Pompey Pillage. 10th - 11th August 2019

tonystafford

Re: Re: Pompey Pillage. 10th - 11th August 2019

Postby tonystafford » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:12 pm

Yes a great weekend with a bunch of very nice people. Played and lost to his lordship (he got 86 points more than me) which would have proved I was the worst wargamer ever. But some new comer came a long and stole my donkey.

Wayne Richards

Postby Wayne Richards » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:52 pm

Many thanks to Mike and the Pillage crew. Cheers W.

Bob Stradling

Postby Bob Stradling » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:19 pm

Thanks to everyone at Pompey for another great weekend.

MartinG

Postby MartinG » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:59 am

Thanks guys for everything, except the weather on arrival!
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

Gripping Beast

Postby Gripping Beast » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:49 am

What ho!

Thank you Mike and all the PP chaps for a splendid weekend - most entertaining!
Against all the form at the Turf Accountants, I even managed a couple of wins.
Hugely irritating as I now have a donkey plaque shaped space on my office wall.

Until the next one, tally ho and charge!

Lord S

Bob Stradling

Postby Bob Stradling » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:37 pm

Any chance of a final rankings to see how dismally I did?

Mikeharding

Postby Mikeharding » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:44 pm

Dear All,

OK, the final players ranking is noted below. But I also need to add a few comments. All the final Tournament Points included points for army list being on time and painting, and all players were awarded both of these. In addition to the Tournament Points for the games we include the Sportsmanship points as well, and this did alter the positions and I know in future these and painting points may be excluded from Tournaments.

The next point to make is that we had a coding error in the spreadsheet for Game 5 and were not able to correct it on the Sunday in time for the results so I had to manually input the results in the summary page. When we were checking the results I found I had entered Bob S's results as Bob L and obviously the other way around, so this did mean that there was a change for 3rd place.

The final point to make again relates to game 5, and this came to light when checking the results and discussions with people post the event. A number of players had used the wrong victory point to tournament point conversion chart (which was specified in the rule pack), which meant they actually received lower points than they had thought. We have corrected those errors and the table below reflects the use of the correct chart. The one other point that arose post the event is that a few players said they forgot that the last game was to Army Breakpoint as per the rule pack and not like the previous games which ignored Army Breakpoint. This can have a major impact on the amount of Victory Points and therefore Tournament Points, but as soon as players have gone past the Army Breakpoint it is not possible to calculate the actual points, so we have had to ignore this factor.

Anyway I have learnt a number of lessons from running my first Tournament and take full responsibility for any errors arising from the Tournament points system and confusion over the games. Sportsmanship points did make a big difference to the final places, given the top 5 players results were so close.

Final Positions are therefore as following given the points noted above:

Dave Pearson
Martin Gibbins
Andy Cummings
Malcolm Barnfield
Philip Marshall
Bob Lorton
Mike Harding
Wayne Richards
Bob Stradling
Tony Stafford
Andy Sherwell