Allies

A forum for discussing items specifically related to the rules
duxjack

Allies

Postby duxjack » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:30 pm

if I take allies I must:
1) Take units from the list according to my choice (eg a unique Celtic noble cavalry unit in a polybian roman army)

2) take the minimum percentage of cavalry and infantry (which implies that a viking army can not take a Saxon rider (those making 10% of the saxon list then 33 cavalry points which is 2 base).

best regard

MartinG

Re: Allies

Postby MartinG » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:00 am

See the section on use of allies in the errata.
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

duxjack

Postby duxjack » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:44 pm

I see the section but i didn't understand.

if I take Celtic cavalry in a polybian army the percentage of cavalry in the Celtic list applies to the percentage of allied troops, or must I take enough Celtic ally to be able to take this cavalry?

in a Viking army allowing 33% of allies if I want to take Saxon cavalry (10%) and if I apply this percentage to the 330 point allowed allies, I can only take 2 Saxon rider base, and i need 3 bases to make a unit.

Beast regard

Wayne Richards

Postby Wayne Richards » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi Duxjack - you may take up to 33% allied troops in your Viking list (333pts). The list lets you use troops from the Later Saxon list which has a cavalry percentage of 10% (100pts). So, you are fine taking up to 100pts of cavalry. This is enough to get you a unit of 5 mounted thegns.

Looking at the Polybian Republican Rome list I don't see any reference to them being able to take allied troops from the British tribes list (which is where I'm assuming the Celtic Noble cavalry is) ?

Cheers W.

Return to “Swordpoint Rules”