Totally New Here

Captain Carter

Totally New Here

Postby Captain Carter » Thu May 30, 2019 1:11 pm

Hi
Just joined the Swordpoint group. I have been away from historical gaming for a long time, but just recently getting back into it again using 28mm and placed my first order for some figures along with these Swordpoint rules. I once gamed in 15mm but I feel for Dark Ages Id prefer to use the larger scale. I was heavily into Dark ages years back and Early Medieval up to 100 Years War so I am hoping these rules will full-fill my needs. There is such a lot of good stuff on the Market these days its hard to know where to start.

MartinG

Re: Totally New Here

Postby MartinG » Thu May 30, 2019 1:18 pm

Hope you enjoy your games as you get to know the ruleset. Let us know of any questions you have and we'll try to help!
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

Wayne Richards

Postby Wayne Richards » Thu May 30, 2019 3:15 pm

Welcome CC, there are lots of cracking Dark Age figures available so you have plenty to choose from. You will want to pick up the dark Age supplement for the relevant lists. There will in time be a supplement covering the HYW.
I'm not sure where you are based but if you are near Reading then we have a club that plays Swordpoint.
Cheers W.

Captain Carter

Postby Captain Carter » Thu May 30, 2019 6:29 pm

Im based In Canterbury Kent but you never know I may make an appearance at some point.

I love Medieval History from around 450-1450AD These dates are just my preference and not meant to reflect actual dates of the start or finish of the Medieval era. I just stop at the start of the WoR.

I look forward to chatting on here and reading/posting battle reports

Steve

Return to “Dark Age Armies”