4. David Hale
5. Wayne Richards
6. Andy Cummings
7. Martin Gibbins
8. Andy Sherwell
9. Philip Marshall
Warfare 2022
Swordpoint Tournament - Player Pack

Warfare, is Reading Wargames Association’s annual wargames show. This year, it is being held on the 12/13th November 2022 at Farnborough International Exhibition & Conference Centre.

Event Information:
Entry is £45 per person and includes show entrance. When booking your tickets please ensure that we have your correct name(s) and email address, so we can keep you informed of any changes to the event. Cancellations/refunds Please see WARFARE Attendee Terms & Conditions 2022

Army Lists/Period:
Eligible lists of 1,000 points will be those taken from the "Medieval" and "Hundred Years War" supplements.
The most recent version of the Swordpoint Rules and official errata will be used, so please familiarize yourself with any changes.

Please submit your list for checking by Sunday 16th October to martin@grippingbeast.com

Please ensure you have a copy of your list for your opponents and that you share this with them before deployment.

Terrain:

Acceptable terrain types are: hills, woods, open spaces and difficult ground (field, scrub, marsh). Obstacles are not terrain, except that a walled/hedged field may be placed, counting as two inseparable terrain choices. No terrain piece may be larger than 12 x 8 inches. A player may never place more than one of these joint items. Dice to determine who places the first piece.

All terrain pieces (including any piece derived from the Stratagem rule) are placed before any are moved.
You may not place any terrain piece within 12" of your opponents long table edge.
Each player may designate a single piece which is immoveable before choosing up to two of their opponent’s pieces to move by 2D6. Indicate the direction of travel before throwing dice. A terrain piece cannot move onto an incompatible piece, so nothing can move onto an open space or vice versa. Blocked movement, such as a table edge, halts the piece. A hill can co-exist with a wood, field or scrub.

Please bring your own terrain pieces to the event. In particular ensure you bring loops of string or other methods of indicating an open space . Remember to bring any additional terrain piece you are allowed (e.g. by the Stratagem rule).

Tournament Schedule:
Players will play four games (two on Saturday, two on Sunday). Please ensure that you are at your table in time for each game.

Saturday
• 8.45-9.15 Registration
• 9.30-12.00 Round 1
o Scenario 3 - Hidden deployment: Each player chooses up to 3 pieces of terrain, but no more than 2 of the same category.
• 13.30-16.00 Round 2
o Scenario 5 - Outscouted: Stratagem option 3 is not available. Option 4 is only available to the outscouting player. There are no pre-battle moves in this scenario. Each player chooses up to 3 pieces of terrain, but no more than 2 of the same category.
o Sunday
• 9.30-12.00 Round 4
o Scenario 3 Hidden deployment: Each player chooses up to 3 pieces of terrain, but no more than 2 of the same category.
• 13.00-3.30 Round 5
o Scenario 6 - Meeting Engagement: Stratagem options 3 and 4 are not available. There are no pre-battle moves in this scenario. Each player chooses up to 3 pieces of terrain, but not more than 2 of the same category.
Awards Sunday 15:45
Tournament Scoring:

Games will be played using the scenario set which can be found in the rulebook from page 46, playing to Army Break Point (left hand column on page 8).

Victory points will be calculated as per the right-hand column; however a player who forces his opponent to break point scores half points for all enemy units still on the table and not fleeing, regardless of their remaining strength. This does not prevent those units from counting as defending table quarters. The winner will be the player with the higher score.

Tournament Points will be scored by the Umpire as follows: Win by more than 1000 points: 4pts. Win by less than 100 points: 1 pt. Other win: 3 pts. Lose by less than 100 points:1pt. Victory Points difference will be tracked and used in the event of equal tournament points.

All games end at the time limit or when Army Break Point is reached, whichever comes first. Please do not start a new round if there is less than 10 minutes to go. This is to ensure that games do not over run. If one side reaches Army Break Point then the game ends at the end of the current phase i.e. shooting phase, movement phase or combat phase.
Note that this may mean that both sides reach Army Break Point in the same phase.

Each table will have a results slip to be completed by the players. Please record your Victory Points, Tournament Points (based on the victory point difference). Please hand in the results slip to the tournament organiser (Wayne Richards) asap after each game.
Umpires:
Should you require an umpire then Martin Gibbins, Wayne Richards and Bob Stradling are the event umpires. Their decisions are final.

Cheers W.
Last edited by Wayne Richards on Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Atheling

Re: Warfare 2022

Postby Atheling » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:31 pm

Very interested but it's the same old story for me- I'll have to wait and see how things are re: SARS CoV 2.

I'll do everything in my power to be there!

MartinG

Postby MartinG » Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:58 pm

I won't be able to attend this year.
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

Wayne Richards

Postby Wayne Richards » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:32 am

Tickets now available via the Reading Wargames website.

MartinG

Postby MartinG » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:25 am

How things change....looks like I will be able to attend.
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

Mikeharding

Postby Mikeharding » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:28 pm

Ticket purchased.

Atheling

Postby Atheling » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:47 pm

Looks like I'm out with the time of year etc. Both fingers crossed behind my back for next year!

I've got a rather nice HYW English army ready to go too- just need all the rebasing to be completed (still based for WAB!)

Wayne Richards

Postby Wayne Richards » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:44 pm

Folks - I will endeavor to get the player pack out in the next couple of weeks but expect a similar format to previous years.
Cheers W.

Andyjp

Postby Andyjp » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:58 pm

How many points are we talking about for the Armies?
Cheers
Andy

"Religious wars are basically people killing each other over who has the better imaginary friend" -Napoleon Bonaparte

Wayne Richards

Postby Wayne Richards » Sun May 01, 2022 10:52 pm

Hi Andy, it will be 1,000pts.
Cheers W.

Return to “Events”