The Spanish/ Hispanic list

Andyjp

The Spanish/ Hispanic list

Postby Andyjp » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:52 pm

In The Spanish/ Hispanic list, Raw Legionaries can be taken for the Sertorian Revolt, it has the following (sumerised) restriction: Every third infantry unit may be Raw Legionaries, they cannot be larger than the smallest spanish infantry unit.
Was the intent to include the Caetrati (Skirmishers) which are an INFANTRY selection, this has the knock on effect of limiting the Raw Legionary units to 3 bases strong.
Perhaps the size restriction shoud only refer to close order units, and possibly open order. (your call).
Cheers
Andy

"Religious wars are basically people killing each other over who has the better imaginary friend" -Napoleon Bonaparte

MartinG

Re: The Spanish/ Hispanic list

Postby MartinG » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:15 pm

formed units.
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

Andyjp

Postby Andyjp » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:45 pm

Further question
under the commander notes for the revolt Army, it says
May include Legates from the Late Republican Roman (LRR) list. All armies must include at least one Roman and one Spanish commander.
From the write up "Sertorius was a Roman General and one time Governor".
What option do I take to represent Sertorius (if taken) as he doesn't sound like a legate (or is he?)

I could treat him as a Consul, Triumvir, Legate from the LRR list, or use the Spanish Chieftain entry and just use a Roman figure. I ask as I'm guessing he would be my free option of commander in a revolt Army, and you did not mean to have two free commanders, the Hispanic Chieftain and one Roman Consul, as that would be unfair.
Cheers
Andy

"Religious wars are basically people killing each other over who has the better imaginary friend" -Napoleon Bonaparte

MartinG

Postby MartinG » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:16 am

Only one general, take Sertorius for that and other commanders are either legates or chieftains.
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

Return to “Classical Armies”