Supplement Contents

Wayne Richards

Supplement Contents

Postby Wayne Richards » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:32 pm

Hi Folks, just a brief note to let you know what is in the supplement - Cheers W.

The Genghis Khan Swordpoint supplement focuses on the armies and enemies of this Mongol leader. The supplement contains nine army lists covering the Mongols, Xi Xia, Jin, Kara-Khitai, Khwarezmian Empire, Kipchak, Georgia, Rus and Volgar Bulgars. Each list is accompanied by some historical background.
The supplement also contains nine scenarios ranging from a small scale tribal raid up to larger engagements such as the Battle of Kalka River. Although written specifically for the supplement, these scenarios can be adapted and played with any other armies you choose.
The supplement is divided chronologically into four main sections. The first section covers the Mongols from 1206AD to 1227AD. It discusses the Mongol campaigns and expansion, together with their organisation and tactics.
The second section concentrates on the Mongol's Eastern expansion and the campaigns in China against the Xi Xia and the Jin Dynasty.
This is followed by a section focusing on the Mongol's turn west and their campaigns against the Kara-Khitai and Khwarezmian Empire and includes a scenario inspired by the siege of Samarkand.
The final section covers the conflicts beyond the Caspian Sea with the Kipchaks, Georgians, Rus and Volga Bulgars.

Leondegrande

Re: Supplement Contents

Postby Leondegrande » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:49 pm

Got my copy today and am very excited, especially about the various scenarios. A good read through the supplement and a fine variation of different scenario objectives and settings. Thanks Wayne :)
Come to where the Old World is.

MartinG

Postby MartinG » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:41 am

Glad you like it! We have been trying to expand the types of scenarios/campaign features in the supplements, and I think you will like the Hundred Years War and Rise of Rome books!
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

Atheling

Postby Atheling » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:20 pm

Glad you like it! We have been trying to expand the types of scenarios/campaign features in the supplements, and I think you will like the Hundred Years War and Rise of Rome books!
HYW!!!! :shock: I really cannot wait for that one.

I'mn ot so interested in the Rise of Rome but it depends on when the end point is for the lists. Obviously, I'll still buy a copy :lol:

Which of course raises the question, which supplement can we expect to see first :?:

MartinG

Postby MartinG » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:07 am

At the moment it looks like the HYW, because the playtest group for that is very active. The Rome book was finished first but it is internal so subject to delays while we deal with orders and everything else that has happened, like me only being in the workshop occasionally since March. The Rise of Rome goes from the foundation of the city to the end of the Punic Wars, a companion volume will deal with Rome and the East.

Atheling

Postby Atheling » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:44 pm

At the moment it looks like the HYW, because the playtest group for that is very active.
Fab 8-) That renders me a very happy bunny :)
The Rome book was finished first but it is internal so subject to delays while we deal with orders and everything else that has happened, like me only being in the workshop occasionally since March. The Rise of Rome goes from the foundation of the city to the end of the Punic Wars, a companion volume will deal with Rome and the East.
The Punic Wars I can do. I'm not all that interested in the earlier Hoplite type warfare, which if I'm honest, I find a bit bland. Still, it's horses for courses and I'm sure both book will be well received.

MartinG

Postby MartinG » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:29 am

No hoplites in this, it follows the latest research trends.

Atheling

Postby Atheling » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:01 pm

No hoplites in this, it follows the latest research trends.
Which to be fair flies above my head. Should be an interesting read. Might eventually lead to an army :)

Return to “Genghis Khan”