Points values for troops in MM?

Macsen Wledig

Points values for troops in MM?

Postby Macsen Wledig » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:02 pm

I am a bit confused (not difficult). Just received the MM ruleset today and looks really nice, well laid out and relatively simple so big tick for that. However, I am confused and disappointed that there is no explanation of the points system for the various troop types used. I now know that army lists in SP can be used in MM but is there an explanation of the troop points costs in each army publication or is that only present in the master set of rules SP? I really don't want to have to buy another book just to explain the points costs for the troops in MM as I would have assumed as a standalone ruleset it would contain them..?

MartinG

Re: Points values for troops in MM?

Postby MartinG » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:02 am

The various books of army lists are intended for use with both Swordpoint and Milites Mundi; each period book has a "how to use the lists" section and page 6 of MM covers the only divergence from that. As the rulesets cover a very broad period it would not be practical to put the army lists in the rulebooks.
"No one ever achieved anything without making a few mistakes along the way"

Macsen Wledig

Postby Macsen Wledig » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:27 pm

Thanks for the reply Martin. I still maintain that a page in the rules just to explain the unit costs would suffice for me. I don't thinks it too much to ask. As a standalone book of rules, I would expect this simple listing of the points structure to be included. All other rulesets I have come across have this in them. Obviously you want to sell books (ie army lists) and I get that but I don't think its too much to ask for an explanation of the points system in MM

Raxonika

Postby Raxonika » Wed May 06, 2020 3:19 pm

Hi,

i do have to agree that some sort of basic PV system should be included in the rules to allow production of our own lists for unusual armies Etc. This is usually a spin off forum thing that supports the rules and people develop lists for new armies not already covered in the available lists.

Return to “Milites Mundi”